FastStart can cause a lot of problems for any Internet user. Often it is established due to low computer literacy, as well as because of the belief that this extension will be able to significantly optimize your work on the Web.
Of course, the browser start page will be changed, but a huge number of diverse advertisements and advertising links to foreign sites will appear on it. Returning everything back is extremely difficult, so you need to know exactly how to remove Fast Start from Firefox.
In general, the Mozilla browser is well protected and can successfully deal with such viruses. Nevertheless, a better cleaning should be performed, since in this case the risk of personal data loss and failure of the operating system significantly increases.
How to solve the problem?
If you want to forget about this extension once and for all, then removing and download Mozilla will not help you for free. The virus program will remain deep in the system, and at the earliest opportunity it will recover from existing files.
It is for this reason that the following instructions should be followed, which will certainly have a positive “therapeutic” effect for your personal computer:
- Reboot the system;
- When Windows starts, click F8 – loading of a safe mode will occur;
- After downloading, click on the keyboard Ctrl + Alt + Del;
- Delete all processes whose name contains the letter combination PUA;
- Click in the Cmd Start or Run;
- In the window that appears, enter Regedit and click Ok;
- In the registry, delete all references to the virus;
- Go to the installed program tab through the Control Panel to ensure that Fast Start is completely deleted;
In general, the process is relatively simple – every user can handle it. If you do not want to spend time in the register, then use the CCleaner program, which will do all the work for you. Remember that it’s much easier to prevent infection than to remove viruses!