Modern programs and games may require DirectX 11 to run or expand their capabilities. You can install this component on the Windows 7 OS, but there is an important nuance: not all video cards support it. If you do not have the newest video adapter, then first you should find out its compatibility.
For different versions of Windows, the methods for determining the compatibility of a video card with a particular Directorate of X may vary. But there is one universal option that is suitable for all operating systems from Microsoft. Determining which video cards support DirectX 11 is very easy on the manufacturer’s official website. It is enough to find out the model of the video adapter connected to the computer. This information is always written on a box to a graphic device, PC or laptop. But often it is lost. There are many ways to find out the name of the video card. One of the simplest requires the opening of the Device Manager:
- Go to the root directory of the system.
- In the free area, click PCM, call “Properties” from the context menu.
- The system information window will open. On the left side of the screen is the item Device Manager, click on it.A complete list of devices running on the computer will be displayed.
- Unlock “Video Adapters”. The name of the only item will be the required information.
Now it remains just to check compatibility. The most reliable information about the technical characteristics of the graphic adapter can be obtained on the official website of the manufacturer.
- Nvidia Website – http://www.nvidia.ru.
- AMD website – http://www.amd.com/ru/home.
Use the search form. In both cases, it is located in the upper right corner of the page. Enter the name of the graphic device in the search bar and open its technical specifications.The set out compatibility guidelines will be relevant for all versions of operating systems from Microsoft with Windows XP. But you should understand that the support of the Direkt X of the eleventh version begins with the “seven. Accordingly, even if your video card is compatible with this set of graphic libraries, then their installation, for example, on Vista will not be possible. For use DirectX 11 will require an OS update.@top-advice.ru