Any Windows 10 user may sooner or later encounter a sound loss problem. This applies to both owners of personal computers and laptops. There is no clear reason for this problem. Sometimes everything happens due to a system failure, there may be an incorrect driver, and sometimes a breakdown of headphones or speakers. The last situation is solved only by replacing the device. In other cases, Windows settings will be enough.
Fixing a problem
If you have a sound in Win 10, then first of all it is worth checking the performance of the output device. This option is available for headphones or speakers. Just connect them to another source, for example, a smartphone, and turn on the music. If the play is normal, then troubleshooting the computer is necessary. Repair methods are located at a loss of efficiency, respectively, start from the first.
Option 1: Reconnection
Typically, headphones are included in the connector on the front side of the body. Exceeding stress due to failure can lead to its breakdown. Therefore, it is worth trying to connect the headphones directly to the motherboard (back of the computer). In this case, monitor the correct connection to the connector. USB cardholders should try the same.
Option 2: Automatic troubleshooting
When there is no sound on Windows 10, the problem will help solve the troubleshooting tool. It will automatically give out possible causes of malfunction and methods for correcting them. In the notification area, click PCM on the speaker icon. In the context menu, select the graph “Settlement of problems …”.
If the system finds the cause of the failure, then a recommendation will appear on the screen to fix it.
Option 3: Manual Settings
When the sound at Windows 10 does not work, you can try manually setting the device parameter. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the track, click PCM on the volume change icon.
- In the menu, click on the column “Playing devices”.
- There you need to check that the correct device is selected by default.
- Open the properties of connected columns or headphones.
- Select a section “Improving”.
- Check next to the graph “Disable all effects”.
- Now all sound files must be played.
Option 4: Device Drivers
This method is suitable for owners of professional audio cards, speakers and headphones. For such devices, manufacturers release special software. Accordingly, a problem may be associated with it.
- Click on Win + Pause (the button can still be called Break, located above the arrow block), the system information window will open.
- In the left block, click on the item Device Manager.
- Find a section “Sound, gaming …”.
- The name of the audio adapter will be indicated there.
- Go to the official page of the manufacturer, find the latest version of the software there and install it.
- Now the problem, when there is no sound of Windows 10, will be solved.
For simple discrete or integrated into the motherboard audio cards, driver loading is not needed. They are built into the operating system.Note: if the cause of the sound problem was the installation of drivers or the updating of the system, then recovery must be performed. Open the audio card in the Device Manager. Go to section “Driver” and click on the button “Refuse”.@top-advice.ru