Sometimes there is such an error in Windows 10 – the default gateway is not available. In short, this is the problem of the dozen itself, more precisely, the incompatibility of the network adapter software. With such a problem, the Internet may disappear unexpectedly, without any system. You can fix the situation by updating network drivers.
Updating the network card driver
- Right click on the “Start” menu.
- Select Device Manager in the list.
- In the opened list of devices, look for the section “Network adapters“.
- There can be several lines in the list, in our example it is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.
- Select it and right-click on it, select “Сproperties” in the context menu.
- Switch to the “Driver” tab.
- Here click the button “Remove device“.
- Then update the computer configuration. This can be done by clicking on the link “Cnetwork adapters” and selecting “Update hardware configuration“.
- Now click “Aboutupdate driver“.
- Looking for a driver on this computer.
- Next, click “Select a driver from the list available on this computer“.
The problem with the gateway may be caused by the installed latest driver, we are trying to install software from earlier releases.
Go to the power settings and here uncheck the items “Allow the computer to turn off this device foreqonomyenergy“. As we know, a computer is not the smartest device, and sometimes it can “think” for the user that it is worth turning off some device in order to save a little. In most cases, such a simple manipulation solves the problem with the Internet.