A tool such as the Windows 7 shutdown timer can actually be very useful for many users. For example, if a file is being finished at night, and then you need to turn off the car, but you don’t want to wake up for this … However, everyone can come up with all kinds of situations about this.
How to turn on the Windows 7 shutdown timer
First of all, however, it is worth noting that this timer in the operating room is not highlighted in a separate application. That is, it will not be possible to find it among the installed programs. If it is critically important to do this precisely through the visual interface, then it is recommended to download individual application timers. The good choice of them on the Web today is considerable. Here the work of a full-time timer will be considered. And some inconvenience in its use lies in the fact that it is hidden deep in the command line. In order to call it, you will need:
- Call the command console – this is done either by pressing the Win + R key combinations or by crossing: The main menu is Standard – Command Line;
- Now in the text line we introduce the command: “shutdown. Without quotes, of course;
- Now you can familiarize yourself with the parameters of this team. In this case, we are only interested in three of them: S – time to complete the computer, T – timer in seconds before turning off the PC, A – canceling the work;
- Type the corresponding text command in the command line. For example, if you want to turn off the computer in one minute, you need to type: “shutdown -s -t 60.
After that, a corresponding icon will appear in the system tray, which will notify the user that the timer is on. If you want to cancel the shutdown while the computer is running, you will need to enter the command: “shutdown -a. Also without quotes.
If you don’t want to work with the console
If you want to work with a more convenient visual program, then you can do the following:
- Call the console as described above;
- Type a command here: shutdown / i;
- A more convenient dialog box will appear to control the completion of the computer.
Here it will be possible to choose from the drop-down list: restarting the computer, turning it off, or shutting off unexpectedly (in this case, all working applications and services will forcibly stop their work).After choosing the desired action, you will need to click on the “Add” button and select the computer for which this action is required. You can also set a timer to perform the selected action. Generally speaking, this is a tool for remotely disconnecting the PC over the network, but you can use it directly for your machine.
Windows 7 is also known for connecting all kinds of gadgets. The release of new ones to date by Microsoft itself has already been discontinued, but those that are available continue to work successfully.
A gadget for the Desktop on Windows 7 can be controlled by functions such as turning off the computer, restarting the computer, going into sleep mode or leaving the operating system. You can set a specific time when the selected event is completed, or you can set a reverse timer on it.
A very simple and intuitive visual interface is offered, so even a beginner will not have problems using it. Knowing how the timer on Windows 7 works to disconnect, many of the features of this wonderful operating system can be fully utilized.@top-advice.ru