Windows 8 is a popular Microsoft operating system that has fallen in love with many users because of stability, speed and interface. Unfortunately, the computer does not always work without failures. System errors, sloppy user actions, viral threats, malfunctions in power supply – all this can lead to problems. Most often, a crash can be solved using a Windows 8 rollback system.
There are three standard ways to restore the G8. The first is to return the system to its previous state using control points. This is the name of the computer software configuration at a certain point in time. There is still the possibility of resetting the settings to the original value at which the user’s personal data is not erased. You can also cancel system updates if the problems are associated with them.
Option 1: Recovery Points
To begin with, we will figure out how to roll back the system to Windows 8 using recovery points. They are saved automatically (if the function is not disabled), when significant changes are made to the computer. This includes the following: installation and removal of drivers, updating components, changing system parameters, and so on. Control points will return the G8 to its working state after unsuccessful actions. It is enough to simply load to the previous configuration when the change has not yet been made. Instructions for restoring this method:
- Open your search through the Win + Q key combination
- Enter the request in the text line “Control Panel” and run the corresponding item.
- In the column “View” set the option “Signs”.
- Click on item “Restoration”.
- Activate the second point – “Start recovery …”.
- Now specify the control point that corresponds to the normal operation of the computer by date, and then confirm the action.
Option 2: Reset Settings
In the G8, it is possible to roll back all the parameters to the original value in order to restore the system’s performance. This procedure does not affect personal data. It looks like the previous option, but the state at the time of installation of the system when it was “clean” is used as a recovery point.You need to open the Charms panel. To do this, press Win + I at the same time. In the window, click on the graph “Change of parameters …”.Further – “Renewal and restoration”. Now select a tab “Restoration”. It remains only to press the button “To begin” from the first point. The procedure for resetting settings to the initial state will start, in which personal files will not be affected.
Option 3: Delete updates
In some situations, computer problems arise precisely when installing updates. Most often, they are associated with incorrect reboot during installation or network failure. But there are also other reasons. In this case, you can use the Windows 8 system rollback by canceling updates. You can do this through the item “Programs and components” as follows:
- Click Win + I, in the window that opens, select “Control Panel”.
- Among all the elements find “Programs and components” (may be called “Deleting the program”).
- Then click on “View established …”.
- Wait until the system displays all the updates.
- In the list, find the desired one, click on it PCM and select “Delete”.
- At the end, a computer will be rebooted, as a result of which the OS will return to its previous state.