Periodically, during a wide variety of actions, failures occur in the system: it can be a viral infection of the user’s computer, and improper installation of drivers and utilities. This can be a failure when updating drivers and programs when the update is unfinished, or contains some kind of error. A software crash may occur if the computer is turned off incorrectly, when the plug is pulled out of the socket or when the light is turned off unexpectedly, if the computer is not connected to the uninterruptible power supply. Unmet actions by the user himself can lead to critical errors of the OS when trying to optimize or configure Windows XP. And there are many more options in which the operating system either, in general, stops loading or loading, but it works incorrectly. In these cases, the restoration of the Windows XP system is required.
How to do system recovery on Windows XP
If the system is loading, Windows XP has a special, built-in recovery tool.
- Let’s go to Start.
- Open All programs.
- Next, in the drop-down list we are looking Service.
- In the next drop-down list, select System recovery.
There are two points in the right part of the window: Select a point to restore an earlier state and Create recovery point.Here you can select one of the available points to restore the earlier working state of the computer. In this case, the state of the computer will be returned to the moment when there was no problem. All installed programs, as well as some files downloaded to the computer after this period, will be deleted.
How to create an XP recovery point
And here you can manually create your own recovery point by clicking on the second point. It is very simple to do.
- We note the second point Create recovery point and click Further.
- We bring a description for our new point and click Create.
Everything is ready, now, when installing some suspicious software, we have a guaranteed point for rollback, if something goes wrong when installing. We return to the task selection window for recovery and mark the first point. In the next window, select the day to which you want to roll out of the bold. Not all days can be chosen, but only those to which similar points were created, this happens automatically when many programs, drivers and updates are installed. Choose a day and click Further.
The system recovery process is completely reversible and at any time you can cancel the rollback by returning to its original state.
Windows XP Console Recovery
If the OS refuses to boot, in general, you can try restoring it through the console. This will require a system image written to a disk or USB flash drive. Only the image should be the same version and discharge as installed on the computer.
- To recover the Win XP from the installation disk, you need to download the computer from the disk, and in the installation program window press the keyboard (R) to download the console.
- Next, it will be proposed to select a system that we will restore if you have one system, click on the keyboard the number 1, if more, then 1 or 2, respectively, most often, only one system is installed on the computer, so select (1) and confirm our choice with the key Enter.
- If the account is password protected, enter it and confirm its action with the key again Enter. If there is no password, then immediately click Enter.
- A command line will appear in which you need to type a command – (fixmbr) (in small Latin letters). And reaffirm – Enter.
- Next, a warning will appear, here you need to confirm your actions by pressing the key (y).
- The boot record has been successfully restored, now you need to record a new boot sector.
- We recruit a team (fixboot) – confirm the action of the key (y) and then – Enter.
- Now you need to get out of the console by typing a command (Exit) and confirm Enter.
The computer must boot normally, provided, of course, that everything is done correctly.@top-advice.ru